Following requests from residents connected to PCPs76 and 101, which are currently in the “Waiting List” status implying current cabinet capacity is full, we have raised the plight of these cabinets with Openreach.
The response, which generally provides good news, is as follows:
Basingstoke 76 (Chineham)
· Due to great demand, this cabinet is completely full, and requires an Incremental Cab (ie/ 2nd DSLAM).
· There were some challenges with the location and wayleaves for the second cabinet which caused some delays.
· The delivery team have now found an alternative location which does not require a wayleave.
· All jobs have been issued to suppliers for the new cabinet build and it will be managed by the team who have delivered PCPs 92, 102 and are now completing 95.
Basingstoke 101 (Marnell Park)
· Due to the excellent high take up, this looks like a capacity issue.
· This has already been escalated to the relevant team, and once there has been a formal update and confirmation of action / plan, it will be provided to us.